Apocalypse Meow - Web Edition
Its been quite a while since I wrote Apocalypse Meow. Climbing back into the code base to adapt it for the web was a real treat.
This will likely be my final web edition for an old game. Welcome Home SunSun and Fallen need quite a bit of work to bring them to a state where I’d be happy with them.
As usual my web target was possible due to davidobot’s love.js port https://github.com/Davidobot/love.js
Changelog for Apocalypse Meow (Web Edition)
- Implemented HTML5 target
- Jumping now uses Verlet integration rather than Euler integration. It should be less glitchy on slower computers and the web
- Added rain particles, sfx and lightning effects
- Background colour was darkened for greater contrast
- Cleaned up tile sprites for a monochromatic effect
- Rain does not work in Full Screen mode
- The garbage collection on web is quite slow (can lead to hitching)
- In editor mode if you move the player the game will crash
Get Apocalypse Meow
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.